Helen Green and her husband Bob Whitcraft became the second generation to operate the business. They sold fresh local produce, flowers and Christmas trees. As the township of Cherry Hill grew and the Ellisburg Circle was removed to provide for the ever increasing traffic flow, Green's Market was forced to close its doors at that location.
Whitcraft Farms relocated to 202 Kresson Road in Cherry Hill, the former site of Gladys' Market. Thanks to the many wonderful customers, the business has flourished and now includes a fifth generation, Killian, Thane and Zarre the grandchildren of Walt and Judy.
Whitcraft Farms, a fifth generation family business got its start in the early 1900's as Green's Market. It was located on what became the Ellisburg Circle in 1939. The business was founded by Walter and Mary Green. The Green's had two daughters who also worked in the business.
Walter Whitcraft, the son of Helen and Bob , along with his wife Judy loved the garden center and produce business. Walt, Judy and their daughter Brooke found a new home on Kresson Road in Voorhees, where they expanded the business and renamed it Whitcraft Farms. In addition to flowers and produce, they also offered pick- your-own apples and peaches, and fresh made apple cider. Whitcraft Farms included a small bakery which sold freshly baked pies and the best cider donuts in the area. A gift shop was also added to this location. In the late 1980's the farm on which they were located was sold.